We at Delhi Public Elementary School, Indore have kept the core concept on five basic pillars of education mentioned below and have aligned all our school activities integrating with values:
(a) Cognitive Development
(b) Linguistic development
(c) Skill development
(d) Physical Fitness
(e) Spiritual Development
All these five parameters help us to integrate values with academic education in current scenario.
Importance of Value Education
Education is the most critical aspect of any individual. Good education gives a better way of living life. The people who are educated can survive in the competitive world more precisely as compared to uneducated. Education gives you better living opportunities and good work.
Value Education means teaching and learning of ideals. The aim is for students to understand moral values and show their good behaviour and attitude towards society.
The children should develop in all dimensions so that they can serve the nation more democratic, cohesive, socially and responsibly.
1. The full development of children’s personality in its physical, mental, emotional and spiritual aspects.
2. Development of good manners and responsibility towards citizenship.
3. The way of thinking and living should be developing at the democratic level.
4. Developing patience, honesty, moral values etc.
Here is the list of importance of value education in life:
1. Education in the life of a person makes the future better.
2. Education act as a backbone in society.
3. Education changes the perspective of a person.
4. Education develops the moral values and patience.
5. Education helps in understanding things better and more precisely.
Importance of Value Education in Schools
1. Character development: The value education helps the students to develop the character. This improves the inner personality of the student. The mental level also improves by this.
2. Personality development: The value education helps the student to develop the inner and external personality of the student. The physical, social and mental personality will emerge of the student.
3. Citizenship education: This includes the social and behavioural aspects of the students towards citizenship. The ethical values develop towards citizenship of the student.